Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blog Bete Noire


Nothing irritates me more than searching for information and the results are a blog. Reason being are most results lack useful information, are hard to read, and are over personalized.

TRUTH IS....

When blogging you have to keep in mind your audience. I would ask my self what information am I trying to convey? Or what does my blog mean to me?

DO NOT....

Over personalize. People can learn a lot from shared experiences, but you don't want it so personal that they can't relate or respond. Blogging should be interactive and you want to be engaged with your audience.

PLEASE...

Make sure your work is easy to read. Nothing is worse than an awful color scheme or not enough space between thoughts. You do want people to read the blog in it's entirety, right?

GET INVOLVED....

LINK! LINK! LINK! AND LINK! Get other blogger's involved or share sites that you used information from.

LAST, BUT NOT LEAST...

Stay involved and post regularly. Do not get discouraged if you do not receive a large quantity of hits or people are not leaving comments. Instead, stay true to your goal, and keep your audience engaged.

ONE MORE THING...

Have fun. Remain professional. And listen to your audience, just because they may not agree with your thoughts, does not mean you are wrong, they are just offering a different perspective.

After one lesson in web 2.0 tool on blogging I found several solutions to my dislikes of blogs. Now, I know what separates an experienced blogger from a novice.

What are your blogging pet peeves and what solutions can you offer other blogger's like you?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Candy,
    I agree with you on several points. I like blogs that are straight to the point and easy to read. You blog was easy to read because the headings separated it well. I do not like the blogs that are 15 different colors and I absolutely despise the flashing ones. Some color is fine when it is used properly. Good job on your blog!

    ReplyDelete